Wednesday 7 August 2013

Becoming Vegan

Hi everyone! This is a personal-ish post.

So today I was at the doctors with my stomach which is an ongoing problem as my stomach just doesn't seem to like food or meat very much which means I can't really eat at all or at least eat the amount I'm supposed to be having everyday and that leaves me malnourished and tired on top of well you know constant nausea and stomach aches. As you can see I'm clearly having the best summer ever!

         Anyway whilst at the doctors today she told me to eat small portions every couple of hours and to just stay away from any type of meat. I'm already dairy-free and have been for the past 6 months so being told to come off meat when I wasn't having it anyway wasn't as much of a shock to the system as being told I had to come off my beloved double cheese pizza, I'm getting serious cravings just writing this! So I was told to become a vegetarian and considering I'm already off dairy and don't eat eggs anyway I decided I might as well try and adapt a healthier lifestyle by trying to become vegan! Now I am not by any means saying that this is going to be easy or I'm not going to have a tough time but I do genuinely think it would all be worth it even for just a short while, whilst I get my health under control(fingers crossed!).

         Plus there are so many vegan recipes and I'm pretty sure if you typed any type of food into Google with vegan after it there's some kind of alternative, I mean there really is no limits concerning what you can eat and I can't speak for vegans but for those of us who are dairy free for some reason or another, there's basically every dairy product you can think of- but dairy free(except for Daiya cheese which sadly isn't available in my country and won't be for a long time, sob).  So today I tried out a full day with vegan meals and such and to be honest it honestly wasn't as hard as I suspected and I had all I needed in my cupboards!


So for breakfast today I had a bowl of Kellogs Rice Krispies. I eat them plain and always have done but you can add rice milk if you like!

For lunch I had some baked potato with dairy free butter- the one I use is from Dunnes and is from the brand Pure, it's just a soya based spread that's supposed to mimic butter!

For dinner I had rice with cooked vegetables which was pretty filling considering my stomach problems and such.

For snacks I had dairy free custard(Alpro Soya) and some whole wheat crackers with peanut butter and jelly on- yes it was as nice as it sounds!

 Will update soon on how becoming vegan is going for me, hopefully it goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment